Traktor Scratch Pro

Info, commenti e assistenza su attrezzature hardware e software per DJs
Rispondi
Nikkita

Traktor Scratch Pro

Messaggio da Nikkita »

Has anyone used Traktor Scratch Pro before with turntables?

I recently purchased the timecode vinyl to try this method -- I've seen some demonstrations with it, and it seems really amazing and opens up a new window to do many more creative things with the set...

Alex b Hard
Contatta:

Re: Traktor Scratch Pro

Messaggio da Alex b Hard »

Yes i have. Cause i don't have at the moment any vinyl. I used to play with Cdj, so a friend of mine got Traktor Scratch and he gave me the opportunity to use them. I think it's really amazing, too. You should try :)
djlorenz

Messaggio da djlorenz »

no vinyl no dj... save the vinyl...

timecode sucks :mrgreen:
Alex b Hard
Contatta:

i agree 50% ;) I agree with "save the vinyl" but i've also always thought that doesn't really matter if you play with real vinyls, cdj, traktor, a controller...maybe look at a dj that plays vinyl is more nice to see, but if he's able to give me emotion, well, i don't care :) this is just my opinion. ;)
Nikkita

Messaggio da Nikkita »

djlorenz ha scritto:no vinyl no dj... save the vinyl...

evolution is more important than preserving an ideal over an elitest "oldie" attitude :)

i prefer evolution in music, and to keep going forward with new ideas rather than the same ol' stagnant thoughts keeping us back and keeping us in the dust. ;)

and besides that, when you have some of the founding fathers in DJing and turntablism switching to things like Traktor Scratch... it's a sign of the times, that it can't be all that bad, no? Have fun complaining about the "good ol days" :P
i agree 50% I agree with "save the vinyl" but i've also always thought that doesn't really matter if you play with real vinyls, cdj, traktor, a controller...maybe look at a dj that plays vinyl is more nice to see, but if he's able to give me emotion, well, i don't care this is just my opinion.
I'm against the "save the vinyl" petition, because it stands for the wrong reason, and most people sign it have a pretentious attitude I cannot stand... These are the same people who would go up to Grandmaster Flash and tell him he's not a "real DJ" ( o_o o_o o_o ) -- but otherwise, I thought the most important part was creating a good set and getting people going, while still inserting your own style and creativity...

Did you notice any differences by much? I know some people scratch on it, and they get a nice result, but is the response time good? Or is it dependent on the mixer/soundcard itself?
djlorenz

Messaggio da djlorenz »

evolution is ok... but evolution for 90% of people is downloading illegal mp3 and play them... this is a big problem for labels... if you don't buy vinyls i dont get money and i will not make others songs...
Nikkita

Messaggio da Nikkita »

djlorenz ha scritto:evolution is ok... but evolution for 90% of people is downloading illegal mp3 and play them... this is a big problem for labels... if you don't buy vinyls i dont get money and i will not make others songs...
Music has no tangible monetary value. Would you not agree the pay-off through bookings by having 10,000 fans discover you through illegal downloading and showing up and creating demand is much more valuable than a small amount of royalties on, maybe, 2000 units moved -- if that?

Downloading is the future, and even the way of how an artist makes a living has changed. Illegal downloading is a god send and every artist should embrace that. If an artist has a problem because they aren't making a living off of a small percentage while the label takes a larger portion -- then it is the business of the artist to negotiate a better contract.

Edit to add: I can agree, though, that illegal downloading can hurt smaller labels that push compilations -- but for an artist to complain that he now has thousands of new fans who otherwise wouldn't care to buy his music or show up to watch him play, is absolutely insane. Many of the top artists in the electronic music scene today can attribute their international success to downloading (see: Deadmau5, Tiesto, etc)

Not to mention, it's already been proven that illegal downloading has actually helped in sales and awareness of an artist. I will gladly link you to several studies at a government level that demonstrate this.

:)
Ultima modifica di Nikkita il 01/05/2009, 21:05, modificato 1 volta in totale.
Alex b Hard
Contatta:

Nikkita ha scritto:These are the same people who would go up to Grandmaster Flash and tell him he's not a "real DJ" ( o_o o_o o_o ) -- but otherwise, I thought the most important part was creating a good set and getting people going, while still inserting your own style and creativity...

Did you notice any differences by much? I know some people scratch on it, and they get a nice result, but is the response time good? Or is it dependent on the mixer/soundcard itself?
I agree with you...but Dj Lorenz is also right saying that thing :arrowd: :uhm: striking a balance ? :D

About the differences...well actually not, but I'm just a beginner and maybe that's why i didn't notice them ;) I've never tried to scratch. My friend that do it has never got a bad time response, and as you said, the result was really nice. About the technical info, if it's dependent on the mixer/soundcard itself, I don't know but I'll ask to my friend. ;) (Sorry for this bad english, hope you'll understand, but it's not my native language)
djlorenz ha scritto:evolution is ok... but evolution for 90% of people is downloading illegal mp3 and play them... this is a big problem for labels... if you don't buy vinyls i dont get money and i will not make others songs...
Pit

Messaggio da Pit »

hmmmmm and Serato? :dance:
hehehehehehehehe :sbav:
Nikkita

Messaggio da Nikkita »

Pit ha scritto:hmmmmm and Serato? :dance:
hehehehehehehehe :sbav:
I' curious also, but I found reviews with my mixer on Traktor vs Serrato, and they found it supported Traktor better than Serrato... sooo I didn't want to take chances and went with what was best supported ahaha
Alex b Hard
Contatta:

Never heard before about Serato. I''m curious, too. I'll check it out :)
Pit

Messaggio da Pit »

never heard about Serato? Oh my God, it's a very strange thing, because Serato it's already as popular as Traktor!
Hunterwolf

Messaggio da Hunterwolf »

djlorenz ha scritto:no vinyl no dj... save the vinyl...

quote :D
DOM

Messaggio da DOM »

Serato scratch is good idea!!!
Ma diciamocielo er vinile e er vinile!!!! :mrgreen:
Pit

Messaggio da Pit »

DOM ha scritto:Serato scratch is good idea!!!
Ma diciamocielo er vinile e er vinile!!!! :mrgreen:
beh qiesto è vero!
that's true that's right!
Ale aka il Coraz
Next party: Gabber time @ disco Hollywood (PN)

Messaggio da Ale aka il Coraz »

Non quotate l'ultimo messaggio!
DJ D-Tox

Messaggio da DJ D-Tox »

I'm very looking forward to check out at Frazz's how does the serato scratch work...

it could be considered an evolution IF digital releases would start giving real promotion instead of being this sort of "we didn't have the money or couldn't find a decent distribution to get it on vinyl" or "It's ok stuff but not good enough to come on vinyl so we release it on mp3" stuff. I do have some stuff released on beatport ecc but it first came on vinyl...

Timecode stuff is surely cool BUT if you are willing to go to a party playing with serato or similar first of all u need to start unplugging turntables which the dj who is playing before you might be using and might be quite pissed of to see someone is fucking with the consolle while he is trying to end his set, than u shall run small tests (is calibration required each time u wanna run this final scratch stuff on a different pair of tt's ecc..?!) to check if it all works...I have friends who have that and most of the time end up using cd's for such reason...is pretty easy to understand why, u are at a party, u want everything to be smooth and flowless...if clubs and locations in general actually featured this technology already would be much easyer!

Music is art before business but releasing on a support which is not giving me the right "payback" (I mean if we can really call it a payback, I guess I didn't even come to a break-even-point with what I spent during these years for the studio) makes me wanna use this serato-final scratch-timecode stuff just to drop my unreleased stuff instead of using ableton during live acts - dj sets but still I wouldn't feel like looking stuff from other artsits I like on beatport, I'd rather spend 8 euro for a record I like instead of paying for a "digital" support.

Nonsense? Maybe!
A reactionary opinion? Probably!
But this far the only releases which really helped me spreading my sound around were 12" vinyl releases...not cd's, not mp3's....Just vinyl.
Rispondi

Torna a “Attrezzatura DJ”